
Last week, a study was released showing measurable amounts of mercury in many of the foods that you and I eat every day. The study tested over 50 foods made with high fructose corn syrup. Mercury is toxic in any amount, and especially dangerous for children and babies.
The worst part? The FDA knew about this for years, and did nothing. While Americans have been slowly poisoning themselves with trace amounts of mercury in their Coke or PopTart, some people have been sitting idly by. This is completely unacceptable.
I meant to write a full post on this, but I can already feel my blood boiling, so I will let you read another very well-written post over at Small Notebook:
Mercury Discovered in High Fructose Corn Syrup at Small Notebook
Also, you can read the full report of the study here: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
I would encourage you to contact your elected officials to let them know that you want something to be done about this issue. In the meantime, perhaps we should all eat a bit less (or no) high fructose corn syrup.
No comments:
Post a Comment