Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mocha the Menace



Stuff the Cat Has Eaten (that he shouldn’t)
Whole wheat bread
Store-brand oreo cookie
Honey-wheat bagel
Marshmallow Mateys
Granola
Oatmeal banana cookies

Last night was the most recent in a string of carbohydrate binges, stealthily carried out in the dark of night by our cat. It was partially our fault for forgetting Mocha's penchant for baked goods. We left a plate of cookies on the counter, covered in plastic wrap. Jason was the lucky one to discover the mess this morning.

Mocha has never torn through more than plastic wrap, but I'm afraid he'll turn into something like the psychotic squirrels at my friend Christi's house, that chewed through tupperware to get at some cookies. Bread items really seem to bring out some kind of obsession in him. Clearly we can't keep anything on the counter anymore!

This is exactly the kind of thing that I find hilarious and annoying at the same time. I like having a cat that does weird stuff like playing fetch, falling off the bed, and eating cookies. Jason maybe doesn't appreciate it quite as much. ;-)

No comments: