Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 5 in Costa Rica: Beach Day!

Day 5 in Costa Rica was our first "beach day" of the trip!

We awoke and ate breakfast at our hotel, which was AMAZING. I know I said the breakfast at our first hotel was amazing, and it was, but the food at La Mansion was on a completely different level! Each morning we enjoyed the best coffee, fruit, and food from their large breakfast menu. This particular morning I had french toast (the best I've ever had), and Jason had an omelet.


At noon we caught the free shuttle from our hotel to the public beach outside Manuel Antonio. It was fairly busy, but we had no trouble finding a spot on the sand. Right away we went into the water! We had a lot of fun wading around and playing in the huge waves. For the next few hours we alternated reading, people-watching, and relaxing on the beach, and running into the ocean to cool off.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this beach, because we took a disposable camera and haven't developed the film yet. I will be sure to post some once we have them. But it was beautiful, and very relaxing!

Later that afternoon we enjoyed tropical drinks back at our hotel, and more scenic views from the patio.



For dinner Wednesday night we went to a nearby outdoor restaurant called Salsipuedes, which serves tapas (small dishes to share). The restaurant overlooks the ocean, and we saw a lovely sunset.

Salsipuedes before sunset
our hotel is the middle group of lights in this photo (click to enlarge)


We were very entertained by the cat and dog who roamed the patio, and the live band playing covers of 80s songs. It was quite the place, and a great way to wrap up another wonderful day in paradise!


Salsipuedes after dark

No comments: