Thursday, August 03, 2006

Life with the Daums


It stormed here late last night... the power at our house kept going on and off, on and off, over and over. It was driving us nuts because every time the power came back on our answering machine would talk to us. Finally Jason got up and unplugged the phone - and the power went out for good - so we got some sleep. Until it got so hot that he couldn't stand it, and he got up again to open all the windows and try to cool down the house. So it was kind of an interrupted night, but it will be worth it if the weather actually cools off for a while.

Jason is on his way to sunny Orange County for the largest yearbook workshop in the country! It's his last big trip for a while, thank goodness. And tomorrow I am on my way to Milwaukee to visit Theresa - 8 hours in the car, and then fun times in Wisconsin! Please pray for safety for both of us - I get nervous when he travels, and I know he gets nervous about me driving for that long.

In other news, I am officially laid off as of tomorrow! I am very ready for a break from work, and I'm excited to have time to relax, really dig into the job search, and get some things done around the house.

Also, we just decided 2 days ago that we will be going camping next weekend, and we are SOOOO excited about it! We have most of the camping stuff we need and have been itching to use it since we've been married - this is the first weekend we actually have time to do it. We will be going down to Lake of the Ozarks, and staying at the state park, where we can go spelunking, fishing, swimming, boating, horseback riding, hiking, and more! Here is a picture of our campsite!



Things are busy around here, but exciting!

No comments: